BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Visitors Since 2/20/09

Sunday, June 14, 2009

3rd grade class project - "Embossed Mom's Day Card


I was asked by my son's teacher to create and demo a card for the class to make and take home for their mommies for Mother's day. This is the card I came up with to teach the 3rd graders to make.

The die cut letters were run through the Big Shot prior to me coming to class. That's 3 letters x 20 cards! Four stations were set up for the kids:
  1. pressure emboss the 'Stylized Flower' card front
  2. die cut the celery oval tag
  3. punch the rose flower
  4. attach the M-O-M and ribbon to the tag
The class really enjoyed using the Big Shot. They were amazed at how the card stock came out "bumpy and flowered" just by cranking the handle! I always love making art projects with my kidos and their classmates. It makes me smile every time the kids see me they get excited and say, "Are you doing an art project today?!"


Thanks for viewing. Your feedback is encouraged, so please leave a comment!

Mia


DETAILS (Stampin' Up! products unless noted)
  • Stamps: none
  • Ink: none
  • Paper: Rose Red, Certainly Celery
  • Accessories: Bravo Burgundy organdy ribbon, Sizzix Big Shot and Sidekick machines, CuttleBug Stylized Flowers embossing folder, flower punch, Provo Thin Cuts Oval tag die
  • Credits & Kudos: my son for sharing me with the class and Ms Rast & her 3rd graders

0 comments: